Time served....almost!

Last night I attended my last Council meeting of the Sherlock Holmes Society of London.

My last actual appearance in the role of Council Member will be at the Annual General Meeting in May. At that point my successor will be voted in for their three-year term.

It was an honour to be asked, voted in and serve and I am proud to have helped steer, during my tenure, the Langham Dinner in honour of J.M.Stoddart.

One of the mementos I was able to take away (which was not because I was standing down) was a limited edition print of the artist's impression of how the Sherlock Holmes statue at Baker Street would look when erected.

As we now know it was ultimately set up facing towards the station but I really wish it had ended up as portrayed here.

Written by Alistair Duncan
Buy my books here

Comments

Popular Posts