It's nearly over....

In May of 2015 I will stand down from my position on the Council of the Sherlock Holmes Society of London. My three year term will be over.

Psst! Would you be interested in standing?
I still recall when I was sounded out about standing. It was funny as my wife had asked me if I would ever seek to sit on the Council only a week or so previously.

At the time I'd told her that I'd never seek to sit on the Council. In my opinion that was not how it was done. I told her that I'd wait to be asked.....and then I was.

Thanks to a combination of professional and personal reasons, I've not been able to attend as often as I would have liked but I am proud to have conceived the idea of the Stoddart Dinner and helped to steer it from conception to delivery (including my faltering speech).

So, in May I shall, as it were, return to the backbenches with some fond memories of my time on the ship's bridge (please excuse the mixed metaphors).


Written by Alistair Duncan
Buy my books here

Comments

Popular Posts