Undershaw: A good development?

It would seem that my post on Undershaw yesterday was well timed. Today I picked up a copy of the latest Haslemere Herald and it contained a piece of encouraging news.

The news in question is that Mary Orton - the chief executive of Waverley Borough Council - is parting company with her office. I make no comment on the way her departure is phrased beyond the observation that the writers of Yes Minister would have been proud of how it has been presented.

I also make no comment on her abilities as a chief executive but, in my meeting with her in 2012, I was left with the distinct impression that she was a person who had little, if any, interest in heritage. While her exit from the local council may not herald the arrival of a more sympathetic administration it is doubtful that whoever fills the seat will be less sympathetic.


Written by Alistair Duncan
Buy my books here

Comments

  1. And you wanted to give up blogging...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not so much give up - rather reduce. However it's clearly not going so well.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts