Writer's block?


I’m going through something of a weird patch at the moment. I began work on my first book Eliminate the Impossible in March 2007 and it was published just under a year later. Then in 2009, 2010 and 2011 I have brought out books. 2012 will be the first year that I have not brought out a book since I started and it feels odd.
What shall I do next?

It’s not as if I've given up writing in 2012. If you look at my bibliography you will see that I have written five articles (all of which were published) and have edited the book of another author. I have today completed the first draft of an article that I really hope will make it into the Sherlock Holmes Journal in 2013. So I've not been idle.

Yet I do feel a little lazy. True, I have started work on another book but I have not touched it for months. Perhaps I just needed a year off the book writing treadmill or is it that my blog has consumed more of my time than it should? Who knows?

2013 is shaping up to be a very busy year outside of Sherlockiana. Let’s just hope it leaves me time to make it to book number five. Five is my lucky number after all.



For more information on Arthur Conan Doyle and his time at Undershaw please refer to my book, An Entirely New Country which is available through all good bookstores including Amazon USA, Amazon UK, Classic Specialities, and in all electronic formats including iTunes, Kobo, Nook and Kindle .

The Norwood Author is available from all good bookstores, in many formats worldwide including Waterstones UK, Amazon UK,  Amazon USA, Barnes and Noble, Amazon Kindle, iBooks for the iPad/iPhone, Kobo Books, Nook.

Close to Holmes is available from all good bookstores, in many formats worldwide including Amazon USABarnes and NobleAmazon UKWaterstones UKAmazon KindleKoboNook  and iBooks for the iPad/iPhone.

Eliminate the Impossible is available from all good bookstores, in many formats worldwide including Amazon USA, Barnes and Noble, Amazon UK, Waterstones UK, Amazon Kindle, Kobo, Nook and iBooks for the iPad/iPhone.

Comments

Popular Posts