Out of the Shadows

One of the most valuable tomes to me during recent times has been Out of the Shadows by Georgina Doyle.

A sad effect of history, which I won't go into here, led to ACD's first wife and children being very much skipped over by the early biographers and Mrs Doyle's book was the first to give them the space and recognition they very much deserved.

Regrettably, copies of the book are not simple to obtain these days but a good place to start would be with the publisher.

http://www.ash-tree.bc.ca/calabashOutoftheShadows.htm

Comments

  1. I have not started reading my copy yet, but so much looking forward to it. You're right Alistair, not simple to get hold of but I am sure, well worth it when you do.

    I received the hardback for Christmas at a total price with p&p of £40.00.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts