Man of Letters

A few weeks ago I wrote a letter to both the Haslemere Herald and Surrey Advertiser to lay out my objections to the proposal to "re-develop" Conan Doyle's former home 'Undershaw' in Hindhead.

Much to my surprise it made it into both papers and was the lead letter in one case. With my permision it was also forwarded to The Daily Mail and The Daily Telegraph  and I have today been told that it has been printed in the former.

Regrettably, for whatever reason, they have chosen to cut it down quite severely. Presumably this was for reasons of space but if you can lay your hands on the Surrey papers they have the letter in full.

Comments

  1. I must say Alistair this letter is amazing. The Trust are very pleased with your intervention in this way and John looks forward to meeting you in the near future.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts